The minimum admission requirements for acceptance are a high school diploma, at least 18 years of age, and 60 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university. The college credit must include at least 30 credits of general education of liberal arts courses represented by coursework in the four areas of humanities, social sciences, English/communications, and science. Your application file will become complete when all of the Required Admissions Documents have been submitted. When complete, your file will be submitted for final review by the Admissions Committee. Upon their approval, you will be notified by mail with a letter of acceptance at which time you will be eligible to enroll, subject to the terms of the College's Enrollment Agreement. (International students will be issued an I-20 for immigrations processing with the letter of acceptance.)
A one-time, non-refundable application fee ($50 for Domestic Students; $100 for Transfer Students; $300 for International Students) must be paid to the college before processing of your information can begin. (Once we have received your application and application fee a student file will be created. The application fee may be paid directly online here.
Required Admissions Document:
All Students must send to the College the following to complete their student file and be considered for admission:
- The completed Application for Admission.
- Application Fee: $50 for Domestic Students; $100 for Transfer Students; $300 for International Students. You may pay for the Application Fee Online.
- Admissions Interview. Please click this link to download the form.
- A current resumé presenting your educational and professional credentials.
- A brief (one to two pages) autobiographical essay which includes reference to life goals and reasons for wanting to enroll in the Oriental Medicine Program.
- Two passportphotos. Please click this link to download the passport photo attachment form.
- Proof of US Citizenship or Alien ID number
- College transcript(s) sent directly from the college(s) to FCIM that document successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of credit.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- Proof of Hepatitis Vaccination (not required but recommended as you will be working in a health care facility) You may waive this by signing a waiver of liability. Please click this link to download the form.
- TB Test results
- Expense Acknowledgement Form. Please click this link to download the form.
International students (only) must also submit the following:
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation performed by an agency approved for evaluating foreign credentials
- Proof of English language proficiency (diploma/degree verification or TOEFL/TSE results)
- A notarized affidavit of support from a parent or other sponsor that demonstrates ability and willingness to pay tuition and living/travel expenses totaling $35,000 per year.
- Proof of current health insurance coverage (required at Registration time)
- Affidavit of Financial Support and Bank Certification form