Goals and Objectives of the library
The Florida College of Integrative Medicine (FCIM) considers a well-equipped, professionally staffed library to be a vital part of a student’s education and an important element in the overall effectiveness of the college. The library’s external mission is to connect FCIM students to the knowledge and outside resources available in the fields of acupuncture, Oriental medicine Western medicine. Its internal mission is to provide the information requested and needed by the staff and students of FCIM, to run efficiently, and to expand effectively.
Specific objectives supporting this mission are:
- To provide the most current information in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), acupuncture and Western medicine to students, faculty and staff.
- To provide this information in a variety of media, including hardcopy books and journals, online books and journal databases, and CD-ROM products.
- To provide bibliographic instruction (teaching how to use the library) to any group or individual who requests it.
- To provide periodic updates to students, faculty and staff, highlighting additions and improvements to library service.
- To provide a setting that includes adequate seating, sufficient shelving, comfortable computer terminals, and amenable surroundings for study.
The library provides library services to students, faculty and staff. Library services include circulation, reference, library instruction, interlibrary loan, and professional assistance in using the materials in various formats.